Saturday, August 15, 2015

Episode 55 - The Ghoulies Franchise Afterthoughts

Folks, this one will be brief. Historically, I have not found much enjoyment in franchises with little killers. Critters and Child’s Play both had entry first films that I enjoyed and from there I got off the train. Leprechaun films? Well I would be happy to never watch a single one of them again. The humor for some reason in these films is usually of the lowest common denomination and I am not that scared of something that is 3 feet tall. These films by and large just do not bring me much entertainment value at all.

Ghoulies is no exception to this pattern of my tastes. I will say that Ghoulies part 2 and 3 brought me more enjoyment than the entries from the franchises mentioned above. Part 3 in particular really surprised me with enjoyment. Maybe because its just basically a co-ed movie with the ghoulies thrown in? I am not interested to explore that any further.

Regardless, if nothing else I can check these off my lists of those to watch as we navigate through horror cinema. You can’t love em all! Until next time...


Beware the moon
The Professor







No comments:

Post a Comment